- 25 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Advanced Customization of Version 3 & 4 of the Members Portal
- Updated on 25 Aug 2022
- 1 Minute to read
You need an admin account that is either unrestricted or assigned a role that includes permissions to access and edit website templates to customize your Members Portal.
Programming Languages Used in Version 3 & 4
In order to customize version 3 and 4 of the Members Portal, you need a working knowledge in the following programming languages:
- HTML / CSS
Methods to Customize Version 3 & 4
You can customize your Nexudus portal in more detail by accessing the code used in the different pages. There are three ways you can do this:
Editing Built-in Files
This method lets you implement minor changes to the Members Portal display, such as:
- Altering the style of buttons, links, fonts and other items.
For more information, check out Editing Built-in Files.
Creating Custom Pages
You can also create custom pages that are automatically added to the Community section of your Members Portal.
For more information, check out Custom Pages.
Replacing or Adding Components
This method lets you replace existing components with your own version and create new components in one or more pages, such as:
- Replacing the header section of every page.
- Replacing the way member profiles are displayed on the site or what data is shared.
- Adding additional components to any page.
For more information, check out Replacing and Adding Components.
Self-hosting the Members Portal
This method lets you host the Members Portal using your own infrastructure if:
- You need to do a complete rewrite of all pages and apply radically different styles and layouts throughout the portal.
- You want to use all or part of the portal features within your own marketing site or other platforms.
For more information, check out Self-hosting the Members Portal.